Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's Potty Time!



That day is finally here. I am free of Diapers, YIPEEEEEEE! Well, actually just a break from diapers for the next 6 months anyway. I'll take it. I have been doing diapers for 6 years!! I have to say, Camden impresses me with his willingness to try new things and assert his independence in a non-tantrum manner. I had not planned on potty-training him at all but started noticing on our Hawaii trip he kept saying he had to go when we changed to diapers that did not keep him dry. He was also dry at night so I knew he was physically ready. I also noticed several of his friends were potty-trained so I decided to just see how he would do one day. Low and behold, he took to it instantly. We had a few mishaps and it took a few days for him to go poop but he had absolutely no complaints about that at all. He picked out underwear the first day and got him a new little toilet that sings and everything. He only used pull-ups a few times and has no problems going in public toilets. He was totally trained in under 2 weeks. Considering the horror stories from Kaitlyn's potty training I feel soooooo lucky. That's my boy! Way to go Camden. Now, any tips to get him to pee standing up from those of you with boys? Or how to get him to stop playing with his wee-wee now that it is freely accessible all the time? It doesn't help when Kaitlyn laughs when he whips it out for all of us to see! Ah, the joys of little boys.

No comments: