Sunday, November 9, 2008

Baby Update

Ok, so for those of you who didn't know...I'm expecting #3! I had my official ultrasound today (see above). My gut says it's a boy and if it's not, I will be hugely surprised. If it is then, well, I was right and Camden will be so happy. I'm holding on to both Kaitlyn and Camden's old clothes just to be sure until the arrival. Kaitlyn really wants a sister, of course. I will be happy as long as the baby is healthy. I have already had 3 ultrasounds so far and all is well. My down's risk is 1 in 12,000. I am feeling the baby start to move now at 18 weeks, just when they said I would. I still have some lurking nausea/digestion sluggishness so I am very sure the heartburn will be arriving in a couple of months as the baby grows. My cravings have subsided and I can no longer eat large meals or anything junky because my body just doesn't agree (except for ice cream and an occasional decaf Starbucks of course). That's a bummer because I would love to just pig out.

I finally have my energy back, at least I know I do when I am able to multi-task with housework and such instead of lumped on the floor begging my kids to just let mommy rest for a bit. Other than that, not much to report. I am in the nesting stage for sure because I just went to IKEA and dropped a ton of $ on baskets and things to get the house organized before April. I have many projects lurking over my head, least of which is getting the baby's room ready. I purchased some yellow hawaiian fabric in Hawaii and will hopefully get the crib bedding sewn in the near future. I am excited because this is the first time we have had a entire room dedicated to a nursery so I actually get to decorate! We do not have names yet but are considering a Hawaiian name. Shoot your suggsestions our way! I always have a hard time with the boys' names. Lots to think about but so far, we are just focusing on the present and taking everything day-by-day. If it weren't for people constantly asking me how I am feeling sometimes I think I would forget that I am pregnant! Anyway, I am loving that I will be wearing a lot of jeans and fall-type clothes this time and having a spring baby along with several of my friends. There must be something in the water.

No comments: