Friday, April 25, 2008
A Day at the Train Park
All I have to say to the kids is, "Train Park?" and they are filled with excitement. If you have never visited Phoenix, the one park that is a must-see is McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park. I've been going there since I was a little girl. We celebrated many many birthdays here and even sat in the very same caboose that my kids now love to ride in. We love coming in the winter to see Christmas lights but it is also especially fun now with the weather so beautiful. We rode the train and the carousel and played in the park after having lunch in the "caboose snackstop", waving at the passing train. What a fun way to spend the day while Caesar preps for his oral boards next week in Chicago. Yes, more testing!! Hopefully after all of his final exams are complete, our lives can get back to normal again (2 years in the making). But for now, I stay busy with the kids enjoying them day by day without losing my mind.
Melena on the carousel.
Waving to the train.
Melena wasn't even scared in the caboose.

Waiting anxiously for their turn.
Getting down and dirty.
All smiles on the carousel.
For some reason Camden clung to me with a death grip. He normally loves the carousel but today it was a little faster than he's used to.

Kaitlyn in the (jail) caboose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment