Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our Gingerbread House

Camden is eying the green candies.

Showing off their creation.

My first-ever homemade gingerbread house. It came out pretty well don't you think? It took all day to bake and construct and of course the kids could not wait to decorate and eat the candies. I have a whole new appreciation for the bakers on the Food Challenge Show. This was enough for me, let alone make a mansion or a pirate ship out of gingerbread. The kids left me to finish the roof but I'd say they did a fantastic job on the "lawn" and around the doors and window. It's fun to create special memories like these in the kitchen during the holidays. I'm aiming for a low-stress Christmas this year so this is one fun way to stay indoors and have some fun! This poor baby is getting more than his/her fair share of eggnog and cookies this month :)

No comments: