So Here it is! Our (other) new baby. A 1966 21-window Samba driven from Calif. by Uncle Al and Auntie Irma. In Caesar's own words, "It's a 50 footer." It looks great from 50 feet away :) It will take a lot of time and TLC to get it running but for now, it adds some interesting decor to our front yard. Al recounts the trip here with many "thumbs up" signals from other drivers who were no doubt admiring this historical piece of metal and it's potential. Even police officers would pull behind them to have a look. The kids are so excited and can't wait to go for a ride. I can only imagine the looks I would get dropping off Kaitlyn to school in such a vehicle. I suppose the nurses at work are right, Caesar needs some fun in his life after all, he works hard. So if you care to take a peek at the peach monster, come on over!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Caesar's New "Toy"
So Here it is! Our (other) new baby. A 1966 21-window Samba driven from Calif. by Uncle Al and Auntie Irma. In Caesar's own words, "It's a 50 footer." It looks great from 50 feet away :) It will take a lot of time and TLC to get it running but for now, it adds some interesting decor to our front yard. Al recounts the trip here with many "thumbs up" signals from other drivers who were no doubt admiring this historical piece of metal and it's potential. Even police officers would pull behind them to have a look. The kids are so excited and can't wait to go for a ride. I can only imagine the looks I would get dropping off Kaitlyn to school in such a vehicle. I suppose the nurses at work are right, Caesar needs some fun in his life after all, he works hard. So if you care to take a peek at the peach monster, come on over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, it looks a lot better than when we picked it up....u sure u didn't use some "photoshop" magic on this?
Post a Comment